When it comes to investing in real estate, do you want to know what’s my secret to finding deals and acquiring real estate? From the tools that I use, website, tips, and tricks, I’m going to reveal my secret to growing my self-storage business: Bolt Storage.
Kidding, there is no secret sauce! There’s no shortcut and no easy way. You might not like it, but what I’m going to share in this video is the truth. It’s just pure hard work, with acquisition being the hardest part of real estate. This is where you find the bottleneck of every business. A lot of people ask me: “How do I find real estate deals?” and they are shocked to learn that it’s not easy for me. It’s never easy building a business. If it was, everyone would do it!
You have to have a competitive edge. That and you must be resourceful–build a system that involves a ton of hard work. There’s no secret, just put in the work. Be resourceful. Be organized. You have to be able to do these things if you’re going to be a business owner. It seems easy for me to spot deals because I’ve got experience on my side, and hard work is how I got that eye for a deal. I have 4 acquisitions people who do the calls, talking to brokers, and underwriting deals.
I’ll tell you what, when it comes to real estate investing strategies, you’ve got to understand the key concepts around debt acquisitions, property management, operations, small business marketing, hiring and firing. All of that is the blocking and tackling of real estate. The money is made in the acquisition. If you can find good deals, you can build a business. That’s why you gotta grind, be resourceful, and you have to understand the lingo and speak the language. Gain trust with the people who are selling, you got to structure the deal the right way, you got to move fast if you need to move fast. That’s all there is to it. There’s no secret, just hard work.
If you’re still not sure where to start, I offer real estate courses (both free and paid) to give you an idea of how to apply your hard work.
Three Key Takeaways
- There’s no secret sauce. It can be a tough pill to swallow, but it comes down to hard work. That’s it!
- Get that competitive edge. Where there’s a will, there’s a way. Be resourceful, be organized, and have a good work ethic.
- It’s about the basics. When applying hard work, get good at the fundamentals: debt acquisitions, property management, operations, small business marketing, hiring and firing. It’s in the basics that masters find success.
The Nick Huber Show is Brought to You By:
- They recently did a capital raising survey, asking 142 senior executives at US based real estate firms, asking them a series of questions to understand the state of commercial real estate investing.
- An insanely valuable report answering key questions within the market of commercial real estate investing and how these key executives are finding investors.
- Download the report for free at www.junipersquareresearch.com
Join the Real Estate Community for more valuable content like this, where like minded individuals seek to improve every aspect of their business, or simply subscribe to the podcast.