J Scott, host of the BiggerPockets Business podcast, bestselling author and successful real estate investor came on the podcast today! It was an incredibly insightful episode about the business of house flipping and real estate investing in general.
- How he left his corporate job in Silicon Valley (Ebay) and moved to Atlanta with no plan
- He and his wife Carol got started and documented their journey of buying and flipping houses
- How to source deals in today’s tight real estate market by finding off market properties
- The difference between active and passive income and how you should nurture both of them
- How to creatively finance deals with very little of your own money down
- How relationships with your local bankers is key because they don’t sell loans to Fanny and Freddie so they can set their own guidelines